At Eniac, we invest in the outliers — the Authentic, the Bold, the Curious, the Scrappy. We model our team after the same philosophy, and now we’re looking to bring on new team members who also exemplify our “ABCs.”
Eniac leads seed rounds in exceptional founders across consumer, enterprise, and deep tech. We make a relatively concentrated number of investments each year into high conviction founders and their companies. Now, after 10 years and launching our fifth fund, we’re looking to expand our team to support our backoffice operations.
The Operations Associate will work closely with the VP of Finance & Operations to support & execute operational and platform activities at Eniac Ventures. This role is multi-disciplinary and will involve exposure to general administration, marketing, platform, HR, and finance. This is a mission critical role at Eniac Ventures located at our headquarters in New York (Covid-19 update: until it is safe to return to an office environment, this role will be remote). This is a non-investment role and will not have any involvement with the investment process.
We’re looking for someone who is:
- Highly organized & self-motivated
- Has some experience in an operations role
- Is a creative problem solver
- Thrives in a fast paced environment
- Enjoys getting involved in a wide variety of areas and activities
- Responsible for office management, including overseeing & selecting external vendors
- Support planning and management of team, portfolio and community events (annual investor event, content-driven get-togethers for portfolio founders, webinars, holiday party); maintain event calendar
- Assist with event budget creation/tracking and vendor selection
- Coordinate Eniac offsites and other team activities
- Involvement with 3rd party contract renewals & assessment of new vendor/partnership opportunities
- Support & maintain website and social media channels
- Drive newsletter creation from content provided by the team & portfolio companies
- Manage promotional materials & year-end swag
- Maintain founder platform site, assess & implement new vendor discounts for the Eniac portfolio
- Assist with onboarding new team members
- Procure & track work equipment for employees
- Oversee & maintain holiday and PTO calendar
- Support VP Finance & Operations with HR best practices, benefits renewals and assessment/replacement of current HR vendors
- Assist with expense report review process
- Provide updates on changes in admin/event/marketing costs to VP Finance & Operations for budget planning/tracking
This is just a glimpse of what the day-to-day activities entail and there will be many exciting special projects this role will manage and support.
- Undergraduate degree
- 2–3 years of prior experience in a fast-paced role such as a start-up or VC/PE firm
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills coupled with strong organizational skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
To apply, please submit your resume and your answers to the following prompts here:
1. How has your past work, educational and life experience prepared you to be an amazing Operations Associate at Eniac?
2. What is your operational super power?
3. What do you think will be the least favorite part of this role for you and why?