Eniac Ventures is Hiring an Investor with a Technical Background
Eniac Ventures is a seed stage venture capital firm headquartered in NYC. Since our formation in 2009, we’ve been committed to backing mission driven founders who embody our values of authenticity, boldness, curiosity, and scrappiness.
Investor — Position Overview
We are hiring a developer to become an investor at Eniac. The position is based in our NYC HQ with the opportunity to join the investment team and partner closely with our co-founder Vic Singh. This is a unique role for a full stack ninja developer to learn the business of venture capital. We are looking for a team member with technical expertise, hustle, a passion for learning, and strong organizational and communication skills — someone who is ready to play a key role in serving the founders we work with, as well as the broader startup community.
This role provides a front-row seat to the ins-and-outs of running a VC firm, and will involve all functions of venture capital including working with our portfolio companies, vetting inbound opportunities, conducting diligence, and firm management. The Investor will also build and maintain software and help grow the firm’s community of technical leaders by publishing thematic content and hosting events for builders.
The ideal candidate will be highly technical, deeply analytical, a tactical and strategic thinker who is organized and thoughtful with sharp execution skills and a growth mindset. You are likely an open source idealist, AI native, and decentralization optimist.
This is a 2-year position, which will give candidates an in-depth journey into the art and science of venture capital with critical exposure to all elements of the business.
The Investor will work closely with Vic Singh to:
- Manage and track new investment opportunities
- Conduct due diligence for potential investments
- Craft in depth investment memos
- Provide portfolio support, management and acceleration
- Attend and host hackathons and demo days
- Create technical and market deep dives on new sectors of interest
- Develop and publish theses and thematic research
- Special projects technical in nature
- 1–3 years experience in Software Engineering or Data Science at a venture backed startup or big tech company
- Fluent in AI and the modern data stack, with contributions to open source libraries
- Deeply analytical, thoughtful, and gut driven
- Strong written, verbal, and code communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Salary Range: $100k-125k per year (leveling based on experience)
- Health benefits — a fully covered medical plan (dental and vision)
- 401k matching
- Home internet and phone reimbursement
- Flexible time off
- Start Date: Flexible - sooner the better
To apply, please submit your application here.
About Vic Singh
Vic is a co-founder and General Partner at Eniac Ventures. He is currently focused on open source software, with an emphasis on full stack AI and data. Vic also leads Eniac’s investment practice in deep tech and web3, along with the firm’s brand and content strategy.
He’s a seasoned operator who founded three venture-backed startups across mesh networking, communications, and developer tooling with his most recent startup being successfully acquired by Aol.
Before he was a startup founder, Vic served founders as a venture capitalist at RRE Ventures, Chart Venture Partners, and DFJ Gotham. He began his career as a full stack developer building large scale enterprise software systems in supply chain and enterprise resource planning.
Vic holds an MBA from Columbia Business School and a BSE from the University of Pennsylvania. He is a Board Trustee for Inwood Academy, a charter school serving underprivileged immigrant youth in uptown Manhattan.