Eniac Ventures is hiring a Chief of Staff
Eniac Ventures is an early-stage investment firm headquartered in NYC. Since our formation in 2009, we’ve been committed to backing highly technical founders who embody our values of authenticity, boldness, curiosity, and scrappiness. At Eniac, we believe that providing capital is just the beginning of the VC/founder journey and pride ourselves on the deep relationships we build with our founders.
Chief of Staff — Position Overview
The position is a unique, in-person role based in NYC, as it provides the opportunity to partner closely with our co-founder Nihal Mehta. We are looking for a team member with a balance of hustle, passion for learning, and strong organizational and communication skills — someone who is ready to play a key role in serving the founders we work with, as well as the broader startup community.
Key responsibilities in this role include supporting Nihal in his day-to-day work to streamline operations across our founder network of portfolio companies, to maintain our operator network, and to provide additional marketing / content support.
This role provides a front-row seat to the ins-and-outs of running a VC firm, and will involve all functions of venture capital including working with our portfolio companies, vetting inbound opportunities, conducting diligence, and firm management. The ideal candidate will be someone who has a track record of driving operational excellence, is proactive, and has an urgency to support our founder ecosystem. We welcome those of diverse backgrounds to apply — prior experience as a business generalist in client- or executive-facing roles, project management, operations, or aspiring/former entrepreneurs are examples of profiles that we think would be a great fit for this role.
While this role is not positioned to be on an investment track at Eniac, it is an ideal opportunity to partner with exceptional founders, providing exposure to incredible companies at the earliest stages. This role will provide candidates with a strong foundation to become a founder, operator, or investor, offering an in-depth introduction to venture. We expect this role to be a two-year program.
The Chief of Staff will work closely with Nihal Mehta on all aspects of venture capital, with a special focus on helping to accelerate the journey of every founder who meets with us.
- Ensuring seamless communication between Eniac and our network of founders, by following up on any action items and identifying partnership opportunities for our portfolio companies
- Growing and nurturing the Eniac Network
- Conducting diligence on new deals
- Helping to organize events
- Marketing support
- LP relations
- We’re looking for a self-starter who is scrappy and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop and nurture relationships.
- Passion to do whatever it takes to support our network of founders and operators.
- Extremely well organized — you are quick to follow up and are comfortable with juggling multiple high visibility projects.
- Strong interest in learning more about the venture capital and the startup ecosystem.
- Comfort working in a high growth and constantly changing environment.
- 1–3 years of experience at a high-growth startup in operations / project management, client facing roles (i.e. Sales / Business Development), or former founders
- BA / BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
- Salary Range: $75k-125k per year (leveling based on experience)
- Health benefits — a fully covered medical plan (dental and vision)
- 401k matching
- Home internet and phone reimbursement
- Flexible time off
We expect a tremendous amount from our Chief of Staff. It is an intense job, but we know it will be one of the most rewarding positions and opportunities to get started in the venture capital business.
To apply, please submit your resume and your answers to the following prompts here:
- Why Eniac?
- How has your past work and educational experience prepared you for this role?
- Briefly describe a challenge that you overcame, and how you overcame it
- What / who were you in your past life and how has it prepared you for this one? (Be creative!)
- How do you define success?